Quality Technician – Texas
- Make final inspection of a wide variety of parts of potentially complicated form with very close tolerances, sub-assemblies and completed units.
- Plan inspection procedures and methods; making a wide variety of gauging and set-ups.
- Devise methods of checking unusual parts and determine allowable variations from standard.
- Establish and maintain interactions with customers, providing onsite support and routine follow-up visits.
- Lead and/or assist with corrective action activities.
- Make disposition of rejects and be able to check completed units for workmanship and conformance to specifications using calipers, gauge blocks, optical devices, indicators, and meters.
- Prove new parts, conduct or coordinate First Article Inspections (FAI’s), respond to PDR’s, issue RMA’s to customers, disposition MRB area parts, conduct PPAP’s, gage R&R studies, and aid in Continuous Improvement opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- “Romer” arm or other portable coordinate measuring machine experience is desired.
- CMM Programming / Operation, PC-DMIS software experience, CAD/SolidWorks experience not required, but would be a great addition.
- Experienced in GD&T.
- Basic understanding of math concepts.
- Ability to use gauges and other devices to verify conformity to standards of a product.
- Requires a broad understanding of PDR’s, RMA’s, MRB’s, PPAP’s and R&R studies.
- Able to work needed overtime if necessary.
- Some college, vocational, or certification desired but not required.